Timing & Serpentine Belt replacement Services
Maintaining your serpentine belt, timing belt, and fan belts is incredibly important to the overall health of your car. If any of these belts break or cease up, you risk serious damage to the car’s vital systems, including the car’s engine, alternator, air conditioner, and power steering pump. Neglecting vehicle belt repair or replacement, means you risk facing expensive and time-consuming auto repair services.
Signs Your Vehicle May Need A Serpentine Belt Replacement:
- Signs of wear such as cracking or splitting on the belt.
- Squealing noises coming from the front of the engine.
- Difficulty starting the engine.
What does a Serpentine Belt do?
Serpentine belts transfer power from the crankshaft to all of the engine accessories. When this single belt breaks, it can cause damage to the engine through overheating, loss of the charging system or loss of power steering.
Signs Your Vehicle Needs a Timing Belt Replacement:
- Squealing, chirping or growling noises from the belts.
- Difficulty starting the vehicle.
- Vibrating engine or shaking vehicle.
- Vehicle overheating.
- Loss of engine power.
- Large amounts of dark gray exhaust exiting the tailpipe.
- Misfires, which make the engine shake uncontrollably or run unevenly at idle.
- Noticeably poorer gas mileage.
What does a Timing Belt do?
The timing belt is a toothed, reinforced belt which drives the camshaft via a sprocket to a crankshaft. It ensures the synchronization of the engine’s camshaft, crankshaft and distributor. Check your owner’s manual for servicing your vehicle’s timing belt. Without this preventative maintenance, you may be looking at major engine damage!
Our technicians take the time to inspect, access and determine the best and most cost-effective solution for your vehicle. If you suspect your engine requires a timing, alternator belt or serpentine belt replacement service, schedule your vehicle belt inspection today.